Student Exchange with Modul University – Vienna
The University of Florida’s College of Health and Human Performance offers Tourism students the opportunities to study in Vienna, Austria. Students may attend for Fall or Spring semester.
Spring Semester: October 15th, 2015
Fall Semester: To be determined
Modul University Vienna is an international private university in Austria owned by the Vienna Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the largest provider of private education in Austria. The university campus is located on Kahlenberg, a scenic hill with a spectacular view of the capital of Austria.
The Modul brand stands for more than 100 years of excellence in education. Founded in 1908, Modul College is the vocational training school with the longest tradition in tourism and hospitality education worldwide. Since 2007, Modul University Vienna has been offering cutting-edge education (BBA, BSc, MSc, MBA, and PhD study programs) in the areas of international management, new media technology, public governance, sustainable development and tourism and hospitality management.
The small size and personalized attention provides an academic experience unparalleled in larger institutions. All courses are taught in English by internationally experienced faculty. With an intimate 10:1 student-faculty ratio, every student has his or her own academic advisor.
- Vienna is an international city with a population of more than 1.7 million people.
- Vienna was selected as the Top City for Quality of Life by Mercer Consulting, 2009-2014.
- It was ranked the 5th Best Student City worldwide by QS World University Ranking since 2012.
- Europe’s music capital offers cultural and historic highlights in a modern world city.
- Vienna has excellent public transportation and infrastructure facilities.
- More than 50% of the city is covered with green space.
Exchange students have access to all BBA courses on offer in any given semester, schedule permitting. Some of the advanced courses have pre-requisites, and admission to these courses will be decided on a case-by-case basis.
Exchange students are guaranteed a single room in a 2 person suite at our local accommodation provider at around €300 a month, as long as reservations are sent on time
- Undergraduate Tourism, Event and Recreation and/or Recreation, Parks and Tourism Major.
- Most programs require a minimum GPA of 2.5 (higher for some programs).
- Each applicant must be nominated by the University of Florida then apply to the exchange partner as an international exchange student.
- Each applicant must submit a copy of his or her transcript to the exchange partner.
Tuition at the host school is waived for exchange students, who instead pay tuition directly to the University of Florida at their usual tuition rate.
A $250 non-refundable fee is required within seven days of applying on line. Students who will receive financial aid may contact the University of Florida International Center to arrange deferment until the disbursement of their financial aid.
University of Florida students needing financial aid should apply through UF Student Financial Affairs. Normal eligibility for aid may be used while studying abroad as an exchange student. This includes using the Bright Futures scholarship and the Florida Pre-Paid College Plan.
Non-UF students needing financial aid must apply to their home institutions.
See your assigned student financial aid advisor for more information.
For fall and spring scholarships administered by the University of Florida International Center, the deadlines for application are: early March for programs starting fall; and early October for programs starting in spring. Applications forms are available on the UF International Center website: http://www.abroad.ufic. ufl.edu.
Students will be billed for mandatory international health insurance which includes emergency medical assistance.
UFIC Study Abroad Advisor: