Admission to the program involves five steps:
- Pre-screening application at the home institution;
- Home institution screening and recommendation;
- Formal application to UF;
- Formal application to Walt Disney World;
- In-person interviews with UF and Walt Disney World Staff.
- Age 18 years or older;
- English fluency (If English is not your native language, you must have a minimum score of 80 or higher on the Internet-based TOEFL or a 6.5 on the IELTS.);
- Second year level of university study (sophomore standing) at your home institution;
- Currently enrolled and in good academic standing at your home university (U.S. equivalent of 3.0 GPA or higher (B-average));
- Recommended by your home institution for interviews with UF and Disney;
- Financial support to cover the costs of the program and personal expenses;
- Desire to perform at a high-level in both the academic & work components of the program;
- Positive, professional, friendly attitude and service orientation;
- Engaged in appropriate course of study: tourism, hospitality, recreation or a related field.
Students must exit the United States and return to Canada within 30 days upon completion of the program.
Please contact your home institution liaison to obtain more information and receive a pre-screening application and or attend a program information session. Once your home institution approves of your participation (based on the guidelines set above), the liaison will forward a list of screened applicants to UF and Disney staff who will follow up and provide instructions to formally apply to UF and Walt Disney World. Note that interested students will apply to UF (paper application) and Walt Disney World (weblink application) separately. Upon completion of the applications and interviews, select students will be invited to attend a program presentation and in-person interviews with UF and Walt Disney World Staff in Ontario.
Canadian Partner University Liaisons
University of Waterloo
Ms. Darci Martindale
Ms. Jennifer Barton
Wilfred Laurier University
Mr. Rob Milne
Ms. Maxine Semple